Medical Assistant Training
Launch a Career at Lincoln Tech's Medical Assistant Schools
Enroll in Lincoln's Medical Assistant training program! Medical Assistants play a crucial role in assisting doctors to treat patients in medical and healthcare roles. And they need people like you to keep them going.
Training in Lincoln's Medical Assistant programs develop technical knowledge through hands-on experience preparing you to sit for the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) exam offered by the American Medical Technologists (AMT) specific certifications.
- Students are offered the convenience of day, afternoon and evening class schedules.
- Our Medical Assistant schools are equipped with industry-specific medical wet labs featuring EKG machines, injection simulators, autoclaves, pulmonary function tests and more.
- Learn how to take vital signs, read and update medical charts, apply surgical dressings and practice the fundamentals of Phlebotomy including specimen collection and laboratory testing.
- Test your competency in the skills you've gained in class on computerized simulation manikins that medical assistants "treat" for ailments.
- Doctor's Office Classrooms (DOCs) fully simulate a professional medical office, from the reception area to examination rooms.
- Gain a better understanding of computer and digital technology including hardware, software and word processing.
- Students are enrolled in a Student Success class as their first course, and also take part in an Early Student Engagement program that provides group and personal support for Medical Assistant students.
At our Massachusetts campuses, you'll also find enhanced Medical Assistant programs that offer a Blended Learning curriculum - combining the convenience of at-home online study with the experience of hands-on practice. Make the most of your training on campus while completing other coursework online from the comfort of your home!
Medical Assistant Training Beyond the Classroom
Plus, a Medical Externship places students in medical/office settings where they can gain valuable, real-world experience before their job search even begins. Employment opportunities for medical assistants include physicians' offices, public and private hospitals, ambulatory healthcare services, state and local government agencies and more.
Join an industry where compassion thrives. Medical Assisting training opens the door to a variety of career possibilities, and Lincoln's experienced instructors and staff will help you get there!
Click here to find a Lincoln Medical Assistant school located near you, or, to request more information about our Medical Assistant programs.
Medical Assistant Technology Training
Gain Hands-On Skills at Lincoln Tech
Train in preparation for the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) certification exam
Medical Assistant Technology training at Lincoln Technical Institute and Lincoln College of Technology encourages students to become multi-functional practitioners qualified in office administrative skills and direct patient care in the hopes of increasing their career opportunities.
Career training at Lincoln gets you ready to sit for the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) certification exam.
- In approximately 58 to 86 weeks, you can earn an Associate degree in Medical Assisting Technology.
- Computerized simulation manikins are used to teach students how to "treat" ailments.
- Doctor's Office Classrooms (DOC) fully simulate a real-life, professional medical office from the reception area to examination rooms.
- You will learn how to document patient exams and diagnosis in electronic medical records, with an emphasis on privacy and security of health records.
- Practice patient preparation by taking vital signs and patient history; master injection techniques and sterilizing procedures; and learn how to properly put on a sterile glove through our instructor's guidance.
- Learn software and other medical assistant computer programs to become computer savvy in electronic health record and billing software.
- A team of experienced instructors are ready to support your studies and help you achieve personal goals.
What Type of Jobs Do Medical Assistant Technology Students Pursue After Graduation?
Medical Assistant Technology program graduates are qualified to work as Office Medical Assistants, EKG Technicians, Phlebotomy Technicians, Unit/Ward Clerks in hospitals, Claims Examiners, Adjusters/Processors for insurance companies or anywhere an allied healthcare professional is needed. And you're not just limited to doctor's offices - podiatrists, chiropractors, optometrists and other health specialists need Medical Assistants, too.
The world of medicine is always seeking qualified Medical Assistants. There's no better time to earn your degree in Medical Assisting through Lincoln!
Medical Office Assistant Training
Want to know more about this Health Sciences program?
Training includes experienced instructors, simulated medical settings and more
A career as a Medical Office Assistant lets you work in a caring health care environment while keeping an office organized and efficient. This means you'll experience the rewarding aspects of working with patients but without hands-on clinical patient care responsibilities.
In Lincoln's Medical Office Assistant training program, you will develop skills to become the "go-to" person when it comes to maintaining the day-to-day tasks in a medical/health care setting. You'll make sure patient records and files are organized, and office procedures run smoothly.
- The Medical Office Assistant program is available on multiple campuses.
- Medical administration training takes place inside simulated medical settings, with emphasis on industry-standard computer software like Microsoft Office Suite and Electronic Medical Records software, designed for data entry input to document patient exams, diagnosis, disorders and coding.
- International Classification of Diseases federal coding guidelines, coding conventions and principles are introduced.
- Benefit from administrative courses that focus on the organizational side of being a Medical Office Assistant, which includes processing insurance claims, payments, scheduling appointments and laboratory procedures.
- Experience what it's like to work in an actual doctor's office, insurance company or billing center through an Administrative Externship.
Career Opportunities with Medical Office Assistant Training
Lincoln's Medical Office Assistant training broadens job opportunities for graduating students in medical and healthcare settings including hospitals, physician's offices, ambulatory healthcare services, insurance companies, laboratories and more!
Gain the medical administrative training doctors look for to keep their practices organized. Locate a campus near you, or request more information about this exciting health sciences program!
*The schools have no existing agreement with employers to provide jobs to students and do not guarantee employment.